Sunday, June 24, 2012

"No Boundaries" with a vintage flair

Good morning. :)

I'm sharing a card today that was created around the Mixed Media Blank Canvas  stamps available exclusively at SCACD. These stamps are so versatile. They are wonderful for a wide variety of projects including cards, art journals, canvases, scrapbook layouts, tags, altered projects, etc. They also suit different styles. If you are a follower at the SCACD Store Blog or at our Facebook Group, you have probably seen the projects that my fellow DT members have been posting with these new stamps. Some projects are edgy and funky, while others have been vintage and elegant. I love seeing how different designers can take the same stamps and yet come up with such different projects, each reflecting their own personal style.

This card features "No Boundaries Woman". The image was stamped in Walnut Stain Distress Ink on some Prima Nature Garden paper. I also stamped portions of one of the Graphic and Grunge Shells on the paper. I didn't even bother to put the stamp on my block as I was not trying to produce a crisp and clean impression...I just held in in my fingers and lightly touched it randomly over the paper. I also used the sentiment "Makes Me Stronger" which is a bonus stamp that you will only get when purchasing the Complete Blank Canvas Collection which includes a total of seven image stamps. I inked it up in two separate portions so that I could break up the words on my paper. (the "Makes Me" portion is kind of hidden under my watermark) The paper edges were torn and/or distressed  before being inked up for a softer effect. The pearls were all made with my Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Dark Brown. The flourish was cut with the Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork die. You will also spy one of the new "Classic Corner Dies" by SCACD. These are another new product available at SCACD. I love this corner die and have made very good use of it already. I love the way it fills those empty corner spaces that need a little something special. :)


Susana is always adding new products to the SCACD website, so make sure to check in often! She recently added some new Memory Box Dies, Gorjuss Girls stamps and some lovely 6x6 paper pads.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Blessings

Melanie

1 comment:

Danni said...

Simply stunning and fabulous!